Friday, September 28, 2012

Impossible Dream II

Fact: I am kind of eccentric. I do weird things. I have dumb ideas, and I often jump into them without fully realizing the consequences.


It is in this spirit that I am going to tackle the Impossible Dream. For those of you unfamiliar, it is a personal challenge where you lay out 50 points worth of Warmahordes models and promise to paint them in 30 days. Madness? Perhaps. But the way I see it, even if I fail I probably got motivated to paint where I wouldn't have before. The last time I tried this madness I got 40-something points of trolls painted, which fell short of my goal but I can't exactly complain about. I tried it once before. I didn't quite make it, but the motivation to paint from the Impossible Dream was spectacular. So here I go again!

Do you have unpainted minis? I know that it's a small percentage of our group that meets that criteria, but to you few I will ask: would you like motivation to paint? Would you like other people to measure yourself against for no prize other than the satisfaction of fully painted armies on the table? Well, I will come up with 50 points I will be painting from Oct. 1 through Oct. 31, and if you want to set yourself a goal (15, 25, 35, 50, whatever) to try and be as much of a weirdo as me, feel free to post your goals here. Set your sights high! Try to achieve something you don't think you can! It wouldn't be Impossible otherwise! I will be trying to host painting days at my apartment and I encourage other people to follow suit. I will be painting models from several factions, I probably won't even finish, but if you want to declare models you want to paint by the end of October then I CHALLENGE YOU TO THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM.

Doug's Insanity:
The Kraken: 19 points (needs to be modded AND painted)
Revenant Canon: 3 points
Rev Crew Riflemen (3): 3 points
Trollkin Fennblades with UA: 10 points
Croe's Cutthroats: 10 points
Durgen Madhammer: +6 points
Alexia + like 30 risen and 3 thrall warriors: 5 points
Wroughthammer Rockram: 8 points
TOTAL: 52 points (factoring in Durgen's jack points!)

This is probably completely unreasonable. That won't stop me from going for it! DARE YOU ACCEPT MY CHALLENGE?

No comments:

Post a Comment